|

Syllabus for Teaching Digital Public History · Jason Heppler

Lisa’s note: The following piece is an introduction to Jason Heppler’s syllabus on Digital Public History. Since we’ll be looking at a number of digital history projects over the next 2 weeks, Heppler’s syllabus demonstrates one approach to teaching digital humanities and to digital pedagogy in an undergraduate context. Have a look and see what you think!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 Leave a comment on paragraph 3 0 This fall quarter I am teaching my digital history course. You can find the draft of the syllabus here. While the title of the course hasn’t changed since the last time I taught it, I’ve made two substantial changes to the overall structure of the course. First, the course focuses more heavily on public history instead of a range of digital methodologies. Part of this is self-serving—I’ve always wanted to teach a public history course, and the opportunity to combine public and digital was a welcome opportunity.

4 Leave a comment on paragraph 4 0  

5 Leave a comment on paragraph 5 0 Continue reading: Syllabus for Teaching Digital Public History · Jason Heppler

Source: https://dhpraxisfall16.commons.gc.cuny.edu/2016/09/09/syllabus-for-teaching-digital-public-history-%C2%B7-jason-heppler/

Need help with the Commons? Visit our
help page
Send us a message