¶ 1 Leave a comment on paragraph 1 0 Firstly, this past week our team has been working on reinstalling Collective Access in order to set up the back-end of our online platform. This time, the process was fully successful.
¶ 2 Leave a comment on paragraph 2 0 Secondly, we managed to upload part of the first metadata set from the Queer Zine Archive Project (QZAP). Even though we will continue adding data as we have more time to work on it, we decided to begin with a small batch of twenty-five cataloged zines just to familiarize with the importing procedure and make it visible on the site.
¶ 3 Leave a comment on paragraph 3 0 Thirdly, The team also learned how to map the .xml metadata we had at our disposal from the xZINECOREx GitHub repository, since CA requires every user to run a mapping .xlsx file before uploading any datasets. The process of matching our metadata with the appropriate map was a complex one, at the very least. Thankfully, Milo Miller, co-founder of QZAP, gave us a hand regarding this issue.
¶ 4 Leave a comment on paragraph 4 0 The first prototype for the landing page of the Zine Union Catalog site can be found here. From there, one can access both the Zine Union Catalog Facebook page and its Twitter account with 226 followers. We decided to make available a link to the ZUC Google Site as well, in case someone might find that information helpful when developing their own projects in the future.
¶ 6 Leave a comment on paragraph 6 0 Going forward, our goal is to continue adding metadata catalogs and apply certain changes to the front-end to make the information more easily accessible and visually appealing.